Eight schools join in Chicago Bears' Nike 11-on-11 event at Fenton High
The Chicago Bears hosted a Nike 11-on-11 event at Fenton High School in Bensenville on Tuesday, July 27, that featured eight high school football teams. They are:
• Carmel Catholic School in Mundelein;
• Christ the King Jesuit College Prep in Chicago;
• Dundee-Crown High School in Carpentersville;
• Fenton High School, North Chicago Community High School in North Chicago;
• Springfield High School in Springfield;
• Thornton Fractional Township;
• Wendell Phillips Academy in Chicago.
Teams participated in various challenges and skills competitions.
The July 27 competition also featured youth and community outreach representatives from the Chicago Bears and retired fullback Jason McKie, who is also the head coach of Carmel Catholic High School.
The individual skills competitions include a QB Throwing & Accuracy Challenge and multiple lineman challenges, all culminating in various donated prizes.
As the winning team, Wendell Phillips in Bronzeville received a $2,500 donation to their football program.
Carmel Catholic received a $1,500 donation and Springfield received a $1,000 donation for coming in second and third place, respectively.
Learn more at www.fenton100.org.